My toolbox has started doing this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1278.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	4.84 MB
ID:	12421
    any suggestions?
    Attached Files

That typically means you need a new screen. We're happy to take care of it at our expense if the unit is less than 1 year old. Please use the Contact Us form on the website to make specific arrangements.

Comment

Ok, well, I'm pretty sure I bought it over a year ago. I would appreciate if you can please direct me to where I can purchase a new screen to replace this one myself. Thank you.

Comment

Oh no ! what happened ? Is it an accident or .... is it that fragile ?
        Does the touch abilities of the screen still working despite this mess ?
        Would be great if it it turns out to be easy to change for the users
        *Fingers crossed*

Comment

I did nothing but have it plugged into my case. I would still love to know definitively if I can order a new screen. I have not heard back.

Comment

Aaron chimed in earlier on this thread saying "That typically means you need a new screen. We're happy to take care of it at our expense if the unit is less than 1 year old. Please use the Contact Us form on the website to make specific arrangements." And since my unit is older than that, I do not qualify, so I did not reach out with an email.

I thought, ok, if I am out of warranty, I really have nothing to lose trying to fix it myself, if I can locate a replacement part. Since I started the thread, the module is completely unusable now, so I took it out of my rack. When I did that, I decided to go ahead and disassemble the unit. Arguably, I should have just done this months ago.

For anyone else who runs into this problem in the future, here's the part:

http://www.rocktech.com.hk/Private/F...%20outline.pdf
          http://www.rocktech.com.hk/prod_view...64&FId=t3:67:3 first item in the table.

Looking at the flat flex cables, it should be trivial to swap this part out, if I can get one. So, how to get these, in a quantity of less than 100? I don't know yet. I would be so grateful if I could purchase a couple from you. I see prices ranging from $20 to $80 for similar touch screens of this size, from adafruit, mouser, arrow, etc. Ok with me. If it's an explicit NO from you, I will email rocktech's sales department to see if they will let me purchase a couple as evaluation units.

Comment

I apologize for not saying this earlier: We are more than happy to help any way we can. That includes selling you a screen or installing a new one for you. Who pays for that depends whether your unit is still under warranty or not. We buy the screens in bulk. I'm not sure where you can buy just one or two.

Please use the contact us form for more details. Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
            X