Unable to modulate LpStr / LpEnd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to modulate LpStr / LpEnd

Hi, getting to know the toolbox but having trouble modulating samples loop points, both with internal and external sources. They just don't react. Other destination including sample start and length seem to act properly.
    Have someone encountered this as well or maybe there's something I'm missing?
    Last edited by sshplv; 04-04-2019, 03:58 PM. Reason: misspelled module name

Is "Loop Mode" turned on?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Is "Loop Mode" turned on?
      It's on. Neither forward nor bidirect reacts to cv mod.

Comment

What modulation source are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
          What modulation source are you using?
          Internal LFOs and SEQs or various external cv — envelopes, s&h, etc.

Comment

Did you set the modulation amount to something greater than 0.00%? That one gets me all the time. You set the amount on the same screen where you select the modulation source.

Comment

Originally posted by Christine View Post
              Did you set the modulation amount to something greater than 0.00%? That one gets me all the time. You set the amount on the same screen where you select the modulation source.
              I did. As I've mentioned, other mod destinations behave normally with the same settings/sources.

Comment

How are you triggering the note? Which trigger mode are you in?

Comment

Originally posted by Christine View Post
                  How are you triggering the note? Which trigger mode are you in?
                  Is there a specific trigger mode for loop start/end modulation to work? I think I've tried all of them with internal and external gates/triggers.

Comment

If you are using Trigger mode, it's never going to get to a point where it will Loop. You have to use a mode that will allow you to sustain the note long enough to start looping. Either toggle or gate mode would allow that.
                    Keep in mind, that when you have looping enabled, playback starts from the Start value, plays to LpEnd, loops back to LpStr, then keeps looping between LpStr and LpEnd as long as you are playing. It will stop when you stop playing the note or after the release period if configured. If you want it to start at LpStr, then set up Start to be the same as LpStr.

Comment

I get the idea. Also the UI is quite clear. I'm able to loop and change the loop's start/end points manually, but not via modulation.
                      Last edited by sshplv; 04-04-2019, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Oh, just noticed I typed 'bitbox' in the first post. I meant toolbox, of course. Sorry for confusion!

Comment

Ahh, toolbox. That makes a difference. I just tried it out and I can't make it work either. I will make sure Aaron knows about it and log it as a bug. But I may be missing something that Aaron can help with.

Comment

I just showed Aaron and he confirmed it's a bug. It's logged and we will look into it on our next pass of toolbox.

Comment

Thanks for clearing this out, glad it's not a hardware issue. Looking forward to the fix!

Comment

Working...
                              X