what does the clock in do ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what does the clock in do ?

Hi all, first post, got a toolbox the other day and loving it, but I'm having trouble keeping it sync'd

I'm using a pams new workout as a master clock to sync everything,
    At the moment I'm sending a gate from Pams new workout to the toolbox clock input, if i pres stop on pams new workout for a couple of seconds and then start again, toolbox resets and starts at 1:1 and begins playing back- all good so far, but toolbox seems to ignore the tempo and falls out of sync,.. if i sent individual clock inputs to the cv mod inputs then i can step through the sequencer using pams new workout directly, which is great, but, then i have to set everything to follow ext 1 and the clock still drifts--
    Edit-
    I have found it seems to like 8ppqn in and seems to lock on fairly well and stay sync'd
    there was mention of input mod cv 4 being for run signals somewhere ? If someone could possibly lay out how the clock works/what it's expecting in detail I would be super appreciative!

thanks
    Andrew
    Last edited by moonpotato; 09-15-2019, 03:47 AM.

Hi Andrew, almost the same here. Strange is, that I can sync it when I put the sync to internal. Then it runs quite stable with my winter modular eloquencer.
    When I put it on external sync, nothing happens.

​​​​​​

Comment

internal problem first of all open the clock and check it modular eloquence and NTP server.

Comment

The toolbox expects 4ppqn

Comment

Yeah I wish they fix this clock issue ... cant seem to make the clock input work at all! Only way to sync seems to be MIDI

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            The toolbox expects 4ppqn
            Any chance that there could be a way to access this and adjust it to accept different clocks in a firmware update? As you all can't know what each manufacturer chooses to use may be the simplest way? Or perhaps the ability to turn on a virtual comparator?

Comment

Working...
            X