Clock Input perhaps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clock Input perhaps?

I'd just like to see the "Clock In" function the way a clock input should.

Yes - I am having the same question mark here! Could not figure out how this works . . .

Comment

Originally posted by maikschott View Post
      Yes - I am having the same question mark here! Could not figure out how this works . . .
      totally man, its frustrating!! i'm using midi to sync

Comment

I will try this tomorrow but that is not the best solution

Comment

Agreed .. not the best solution, but its the ONLY work around!

If the 1010 team is reading this, PLEASE sort this very basic function out!

Comment

Originally posted by Asymetrik View Post
            I'd just like to see the "Clock In" function the way a clock input should.
            Can you explain how you believe it should work? I want to understand the specifics of your request.

Clock In is the highest priority sync signal. If a clock signal is present, the toolbox will follow it and ignore MIDI sync and internal sync. Toolbox expects 4ppqn.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve J View Post

Clock In is the highest priority sync signal. If a clock signal is present, the toolbox will follow it and ignore MIDI sync and internal sync. Toolbox expects 4ppqn.
              Hi Steve,

Unfortunately that does not work! (for me at-least)

If I take a clock signal from any sequencer / clock source (a BSP or SQ1) and plug it into the Toolbox clock input, nothing happens!
              If I take a MIDI out from my BSP to MIDI input of toolbox, it works just fine.

The way it behaves with MIDI is how I expect it to behave with a clock signal ... shouldn't it?

On all other devices, any gate should trigger the clock - but this does not happen on the toolbox

Not sure how else I can expand on this.

Thanks

Comment

• Asymetrik
                Asymetrik commented
                Editing a comment
                Steve J Ok ... so neither does the BSP! Guess there's nothing anyone can do.

• Steve
                Steve commented
                Editing a comment
                I use my SQ-1 a lot with my blackbox. I try to use MIDI sync. Clock from SQ-1 to blackbox works, but the tempo/subdivisions do not always align. It works for some things - not so much for others. The SQ-1 manual has instructions for adjusting the clock pulse. Did you try that?

• maikschott
                maikschott commented
                Editing a comment
                The only (quite) satisfying workaround til now is that I fill a gate cell with 16th notes, and send this to my other seqs via the gate out. Then toolbox acts as the master clock.

also .. i'm not the only one https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...ter-clock-sync

Comment

Working...
              X