• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LFOS, slot types, requests

Loving the new beta 1.10. EDITED 4/14.

SHORTER Term requests

LFO requests.
    1. I liked to see them all available as Positive or Bipolar--consider making this a separate option and not part of the shape selection.
    2. Having the shape be adjustable. Specifically, for the Sine wave, the slope of curvature can be adjusted, potentially CV-able,. Alternatively, just add more shapes and include a Wide Sine and a Lean Sine.

Would like to see a new gate slot type called RESET. So those of that are using the Toolbox as the master, it can output a reset.

I would love to see additional stand alone midi tracks. If we could get 4 additional track that were MIDI only, that would be awesome. That way you have 16 outputs plus 4 midi tracks. Has to work with the screen/GUI.

Ability to turn Midi output port to OFF on the gate/seq tracks.

+1 on the song mode requests.

LONGER term, nice-to-have suggestions on slot types,
    1. Kurzweil VAST style functions/FUNs. With internal or external inputs. Not sure if these are too math-intense for the processor: refresh rate is important.
    2. Dual-Slot X-Y CV outputs that would take up 2 LFO slots. I'm looking for cv sources where the X and Y have a math relationship. Bouncing Ball, Lissajous Curves etc..
    3. MIDI transport control. This would be a sequencer list of MIDI transport commands Play/Pause/Stop/Rewind (or PlayfromBeginning) and Midi Program Change. These would output on a MIDI output with MIDI Clock and allow you to take sequential control of, for my use case example, a drum machine that has a pattern only sequencer. You would be able to start the drum machine run for 4 beats, pause it for 4 beats, then continue to play it for 4 beats, then have it rewind and play back from the beginning for 4 beats, etc..Also if the MIDI clock rate can be 1/4, 1/2, normal, 2X, 4X speed, that would add...
    4. For LFOs: . Add a comparator function to the LFO so that when it goes above a threshold, you can track an event LFO_Comp1=ON. This can then be used to conditional trigger things in the sequencer (like ratcheting or probability if those get added) as an internal mod source.
    Last edited by Tverse; 04-14-2018, 12:46 PM. Reason: refined the list

Maybe a Turing Machine style slot type too? Or some other form of random generator?

Comment

Tverse,

Thank you for the many great ideas. We will keep them in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Tverse View Post
        1. I liked to see them all available as Positive or Bipolar--consider making this a separate option and not part of the shape selection.
        2. Having the shape be adjustable. Specifically, for the Sine wave, the slope of curvature can be adjusted, potentially CV-able,. Alternatively, just add more shapes and include a Wide Sine and a Lean Sine.
        +1 on this. I've been recording my Modbox and Maths into CVREC for funkier LFO shapes. A triangle skew (saw<->tri<->ramp)and pulse with variable width would be huge, especially if both were targets of the mod matrix.

Would like to see a new gate slot type called RESET. So those of that are using the Toolbox as the master, it can output a reset.
        Couldn't this be done with a dedicated gate seq?

Ability to turn Midi output port to OFF on the gate/seq tracks.
        ​​​​​​​+1

LONGER term, nice-to-have suggestions on slot types,
        2. Dual-Slot X-Y CV outputs that would take up 2 LFO slots. I'm looking for cv sources where the X and Y have a math relationship. Bouncing Ball, Lissajous Curves etc..
        ​​​​​​​+1!

Also if the MIDI clock rate can be 1/4, 1/2, normal, 2X, 4X speed
        ​​​​​​​+1

4. For LFOs: . Add a comparator function to the LFO so that when it goes above a threshold, you can track an event LFO_Comp1=ON. This can then be used to conditional trigger things in the sequencer (like ratcheting or probability if those get added) as an internal mod source.
        This would be useful as an "end of rise" and "end of cycle" trigger.

Comment

Working...
        X