Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• record cv sequences from cv-inputs

would like to see recording of external cv and/or gates

Have you tried the new CREC/CPLY functions?

Comment

no, I don't own a Toolbox yet and the manual doesn't seem to mention these, could you tell me more?

Comment

It's a CV recorder/player with a range of -5V to +5V that has a very similar workflow to audio in bitbox, i.e, you can choose a predetermined recording length, and dial in Rec Quantize and Sync settings, then send it from up to 8 outputs

Comment

sounds good!
          is it possible to attribute more then one and start recording simultaneously?

Comment

I know toolbox needs a manual update. It's on our list of things to do.

Comment

Originally posted by pascalm View Post
              sounds good!
              is it possible to attribute more then one and start recording simultaneously?
              No, there's only one pair of CV inputs, so you can only record into one cell at a time.

Comment

ok, thanks, so you have to choose between CV1 or CV2 then?
                (could be expanded if using the 3 EXT inputs and allowing different cells to record simultaneously

will try out the toolbox soon

Comment

How about using CV 1 and/or CV 2 to transpose a preset. Can that be done? Is so, how?

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Weise View Post
                    How about using CV 1 and/or CV 2 to transpose a preset. Can that be done? Is so, how?
                    You can assign modulators for transpose in the info page for each sequencer. Using a bar SEQ to automate it within toolbox is my preferred method.

Comment

Thanks for the prompt response Dan. I will try that today. Would it be possible to shoot a small video clip showing how to do that and make a post? Just in case I (and others like me) can’t figure it out.

Comment

Hi Dennis,

I’m away from home at the moment, but from memory if you select a sequencer and press the info button twice, there should be 3 little black rectangles under the Transpose parameter. Touch one of those and another menu pops up where you can assign the modulator. Choose one of the bar SEQ’s and turn the amount up to 100%, and use it to control the transposition.

Comment

Thanks Dan! That works great! Really nice being able to automate that process and not have to manually trigger the transpose, as I have been doing on both my Beatstep Pro, as well as with my Pressure Points. I’ll probably post a you tube video of my results in a couple of days, using the Toolbox. I suppose I could share the link if you’d be interested. While I have your ear, when I go MIDI in to Toolbox from my Beatstep Pro, the Toolbox passes through the MIDI data from the Beatstep Pro to my modules, even though I assign different receive channels in Toolbox than the send channels in the Beatstep Pro. Any ideas? I have to say I am liking the Toolbox more and more as I get familiar with it.

Comment

• Dennis Weise
                            Dennis Weise commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Just got Bit Box. Can’t wait to check it out.
                        Working...
                        X