Pattern or preset chaining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattern or preset chaining

would be highly desirable, however I am unsure about the viability of the latter due to load latency.
    regards

Paul

This has come up before. We will consider it for future releases.

Comment

+1 for chaining / song mode

Comment

+1 for this feature. It is the major missing feature from an otherwise amazing sequencer

Comment

It's on the wishlist. Thanks for keeping this one alive. How would you envision recording this sequence, and would you expect to be able to edit it after you recorded it? Do you know of any software user interface that does this well? Are there any that do it poorly?

Comment

A great example of a performance-oriented version of pattern chaining is the Novation Circuit Mono Station. A page shows 32 patterns on a grid, and you can either hold the starting pattern and stopping pattern to set a linear progression through them or hold record and press each pattern in any order to play them back in that order. It's a single loop that gets overwritten if you change it, although the chain could be saved per preset.

Comment

Afturmath, Thanks for the description. If I understand correctly, you can only play one sequence at a time with this model?

Comment

Originally posted by Christine View Post
                Afturmath, Thanks for the description. If I understand correctly, you can only play one sequence at a time with this model?
                It has 3 sequencer tracks that play independently (with separate clock division/mult for each track). The "Patterns" page gives you a grid of 4x4 sequences for track 1 (osc 1), 2x4 for track 2 (osc 2), and 2x4 for track 3 (mod/CV sequencer). Each track's memory slots are independent, and you can play/chain any combination. For example, track 1's patterns 1-4 could be chained and looping with track 2's 5-6 at half tempo and track 3's pattern 8 at quarter tempo.

I will mock-up an idea this weekend of one way I think it could work, obviously depending on feasibility of code and storage limitations.

Comment

I would love to be able to switch smoothly between presets to create more complex songs and expand the ability of this sequencers live use. If I sequenced the different parts of my song as presets. Intro, verse, chorus, etc. It would be handy to have a sub menu where I can assign a present to one of six buttons on the screen, and with a touch be able to cylcle between them synced to a master tempo of the song. Or something like that thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by VadimKrist View Post
                    I would love to be able to switch smoothly between presets to create more complex songs and expand the ability of this sequencers live use. If I sequenced the different parts of my song as presets. Intro, verse, chorus, etc. It would be handy to have a sub menu where I can assign a present to one of six buttons on the screen, and with a touch be able to cylcle between them synced to a master tempo of the song. Or something like that thanks!

Hopefully, you have already found that you can smoothly switch between presets while playing. I like your enhancement of also having some quick access buttons.

Comment

Hopefully, you have already found that you can smoothly switch between presets while playing.
                      The transition from one preset to another may be smooth but controlling when it happens is not. Right now I have to carefully watch the screen and press + or - at the right time so when one sequence is done the other begins and it flows correctly. If I do this too late, or to early, then it will play the next sequence for a few steps then start at the beginning. For me, pressing + to go to the next preset should be done at anytime but the actual change should not happen until the pattern its currently on is over.

Comment

Originally posted by prvntk
                        It needs some of the features that blackbox has: song mode would be very welcome, but the toolbox now really needs Global Swing and KEYS mode of the black box. Much more versatile, and finally, Piano roll would be much less stressful. Dream! Hopefully in the toolbox 2.0 update!
                        Thanks for your input prvntk. I hadn't thought about KEYS mode on toolbox, but I can see how it would be useful. We have a piano roll on toolbox for note sequences. What are you missing on toolbox related to piano roll?

Comment

Originally posted by prvntk
                          I simply miss the digital keyboard and its potential. I own the toolbox and I use it daily! the pianoroll is good, but the keys mode would make it much better, simply because of the live feeling of it, AND THE DIGITAL KEYBOARD ,perfect for live midi recording. But you know it already, since it has already been implemented on the blackbox!
                          The piano roll is good for programming but tedious and slow especially on longer sequences, all the times I try to input one note and I push another one instead, then I try to correct it and I push again the wrong one; so I have to make the piano roll bigger, but I don't see the other midi notes anymore. It takes time and and little loss of inspiration. I'm sure it happens to you too. Basically, until now, you can't jam with it, and jamming is the fun part. The digital keyboard, together with the live recording option of the blackbox,is an amazing idea you had, to almost solve the problem and bring the sequencer to a next level. Since you already made it and it is part of the sequencer on the blackbox (which feels like it shares almost an identical software and screen), It shouldn't be that hard to bring it from the blackbox to the toolbox. ( That's what I Hope!)
                          Yes this would be great and make Toolbox much more user friendly.

And please add a global swing function.

Comment

Working...
                          X