Mega Wishlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mega Wishlist

Been using Toolbox for the last week. It is very cool! I have a bunch of ideas (they could be the worst ideas ever). Let me know when they are all done (JK).

MAIN SCREEN
    • Preset name should show if it is not saved (italics or asterisks)
      • It would be cool to have the ability to have a dirty state of the preset remembered even if leaving the preset
      • It would also be cool to have the ability to restore to the saved state if in a dirty state
    • Would like an option to remove the +/- buttons as I have anciently pressed them when going for the EXT1 or LFO1 (proximity issue)

MIDI
    • Each note sequencer should be mapped to an incoming MIDI channel (don’t like that you have to click on the box to get it to play through when using an external MIDI keyboard controller)
    • External start/stop/beat clock via MIDI input - allows use with a DAW
    • It would be cool to have some modes where the MIDI in could trigger the CV outs in different ways (maybe this is a different firmware version - MIDIbox?):
      • MIDI in to 8 1v/octCV and Gate mode(midi to polyphonic CV notes)
        • Would also be cool to have a mode that just has 8 Gate sequencers in 1 screen for drum sequencing
      • MIDI in to 4 1v/octCV and Gate + Velocity mode (midi to polyphonic CV notes)
      • MIDI in to 4 1v/octCV and Gate + Modulation mode (midi to polyphonic CV notes)
      • MIDI in to 2 1v/octCV and Gate + Velocity + Modulation mode (midi to polyphonic CV notes)

NOTE SEQUENCER
    • Wish I could copy/paste whole patterns within a preset
    • Wish I could copy/paste notes/sections within a sequence
    • Wish there were mixed note lengths per sequence (don’t like that I can’t make a long and short note in one sequence)
    • Wish that the piano roll view had a timeline ruler/bar|beat counter - would make editing easier
    • Wish that longer Step Counts were supported (64, 128, etc).
    • Wish the piano key UI had octave labels (C1, C2 for example)
    • Wish that when notes are note-quantized, unavailable notes are not shown in the piano roll - would make editing easier
    • Wish that the Home/Clear/Rec/Step buttons were smaller, there is a lot of wasted space at the top that could be used for editing notes
    • Ability to route sequencers to any CV/Gate outs (like how MIDI works)
    • Sequence Playlist trigger mode - instead of 1 active sequence per-sequencer, how about each Note sequencer has its own "playlist" of mutually exclusive sequences within one preset that all trigger one set of CV/Gate outs - allows for easier part triggering and I don’t need to switch whole Preset live - would be really cool if there were an onscreen grid or list of sequences that I could trigger for live use
    • Double tap on parameter values should reset to default values

FUNCTION GENERATOR (FG)
    • Want more than 1 SEQ function generator (at least 2)
      • Better yet, allow each FG to be switched between LFO or SEQ
    • Option to trigger SEQ patterns in reverse or random (controllable via CV, even better!)
    • Like the request above, it would be great to be able to save different CV sequences and recall them per SEQ slot (SEQ Playlists)

BLUE SKY IDEAS (ARE YOU TIRED YET?)
    • OSCIBOX 4 input oscilloscope mode with buffered through
    • DRUMBOX - drum/phrase sampler (kinda like bitbox) but the samples are triggered by Toolbox gate sequencers on screen
    • Import MIDI file sequences
    • Make a skiff friendly (upside down) front panel and Flip screen mode in software - would make it so that all the cables aren't in the way when Toolbox is in a skiff

nohumans,

That is indeed a mega wishlist. Thanks so much for making it. Of all the things you mentioned, I can commit to one of the items:
    • MIDI External start/stop/beat clock via MIDI input - allows use with a DAW
    We have this working in our lab. It will be public in the next beta.

As for the other stuff, I look forward to hearing what other people have to say and finding a way to make at least some of it happen.

Thanks very much for your support.

Aaron

Comment

i would also like to see (from the above great list from nohumans, its only a little bit shorter)
      • MIDI
      • Each note sequencer should be mapped to an incoming MIDI channel (don’t like that you have to click on the box to get it to play through when using an external MIDI keyboard controller)
      • It would be cool to have some modes where the MIDI in could trigger the CV outs in different ways (maybe this is a different firmware version - MIDIbox?):
        • MIDI in to 8 1v/octCV and Gate mode(midi to polyphonic CV notes)
          • Would also be cool to have a mode that just has 8 Gate sequencers in 1 screen for drum sequencing
      • NOTE SEQUENCER
      • Wish I could copy/paste whole patterns within a preset
      • Wish I could copy/paste notes/sections within a sequence
      • Wish there were mixed note lengths per sequence (don’t like that I can’t make a long and short note in one sequence)
      • Wish that the piano roll view had a timeline ruler/bar|beat counter - would make editing easier
      • Wish that longer Step Counts were supported (64, 128, etc).
      • Wish the piano key UI had octave labels (C1, C2 for example)
      • Wish that when notes are note-quantized, unavailable notes are not shown in the piano roll - would make editing easier
      • Wish that the Home/Clear/Rec/Step buttons were smaller, there is a lot of wasted space at the top that could be used for editing notes
      • Ability to route sequencers to any CV/Gate outs (like how MIDI works)
      • Sequence Playlist trigger mode - instead of 1 active sequence per-sequencer, how about each Note sequencer has its own "playlist" of mutually exclusive sequences within one preset that all trigger one set of CV/Gate outs - allows for easier part triggering and I don’t need to switch whole Preset live - would be really cool if there were an onscreen grid or list of sequences that I could trigger for live use
      • Double tap on parameter values should reset to default values
      • FUNCTION GENERATOR (FG)
      • Want more than 1 SEQ function generator (at least 2)
        • Better yet, allow each FG to be switched between LFO or SEQ
      • Option to trigger SEQ patterns in reverse or random (controllable via CV, even better!)
      • Like the request above, it would be great to be able to save different CV sequences and recall them per SEQ slot (SEQ Playlists)
      • BLUE SKY IDEAS (ARE YOU TIRED YET?)
      • OSCIBOX 4 input oscilloscope mode with buffered through
      • DRUMBOX - drum/phrase sampler (kinda like bitbox) but the samples are triggered by Toolbox gate sequencers on screen (that would be realy great)

Comment

Working...
      X