channel expansion?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• channel expansion?

for my particular workflow I need 5 channels of input to record, and 5 channels of output. is an expander module possible one fine day? I enjoy the 1010 products so much that I've been doing 4 channel workflow ever since I got a Bitbox. I hope to one day return to my 5 channel workflow, possibly with an expansion thing that works natively with the 1010 system, as opposed to the ES8/laptop I'm currently using for 5 channel I/O when I need to spread my wings.

Lionel,

Thanks for writing and making your request. Right now, toolbox is the most capable unit in terms of inputs and outputs: It has 2 audio class inputs and 8 audio class outputs. Moving to 5 audio inputs would involve a major hardware change. Tell me more about how you work with 5 inputs at once.

Aaron

Comment

Could you use two modules to do it? Then mix it together downstream?

Comment

thought I might revive this a bit. an expander seems like it would be helpful at first glance. Say you have just the bitbox and fxbox, you only have 8 gates and 8 cv (only as if this isn't already great, it is) BUT that might not be enough to effectively sequence and trigger ALL the holes of both modules. 2x toolbox would work but something like the nerdseq trigger or cv expanders that piggy back on the main unit might be pretty cool (although those dont exist outside of r&d levels). it's just the first thought that comes to mind when planning out a system I'm working on.

Comment

Hi Digitalohm,

The Toolbox has several Midi outputs. I've expanded with a Hexinverter Mutant Brain that give me additional cv/gate outputs, reset, and more triggers.

I assign some of the toolbox gate channels as midi sequencers. Would be nice to have dedicated Midi sequencers that didn't take up cv or gate outputs though, like a whole distinct page for Midi only.

Comment

Originally posted by Tverse View Post
            The Toolbox has several Midi outputs. I've expanded with a Hexinverter Mutant Brain that give me additional cv/gate outputs, reset, and more triggers.

I assign some of the toolbox gate channels as midi sequencers. Would be nice to have dedicated Midi sequencers that didn't take up cv or gate outputs though, like a whole distinct page for Midi only.
            Cool idea. Thanks for sharing it.

Comment

I think you would have to try and squeeze one more row of sequencers into the display to incorporate MIDI-ONLY sequences and still have control/access to them on the Home screen. The rows would have to be smaller, but I think that would be okay... as long as you could turn that extra MIDI-ONLY row off from a settings page and revert to the current spacing. But yeah, it gives the unit more value and flexibility.

Comment

Working...
              X